While Elite Email cannot provide direct legal advice, we feel it is very important to provide you with our interpretation of how the federal law may affect you and your company. This page is a summary of some provisions of the law, and is not a full analysis of how it may apply to you. If you believe you may be affected, you should consult with your own attorney.
Elite Email has already taken action to help you comply with the various requirements.
How you already comply
Your list is a permission-based list, which means that you don't have to comply with the unsolicited email requirements stated in the law:
- Your email header information is not misleading because it is set for you by Elite Email
- Your email campaign's "From" address is your address and already accurately identifies you as the sender
- Elite Email automatically includes the ability for your subscribers to opt-out of future email campaigns
- Elite Email automatically processes unsubscribes from your email campaigns
What you need to be aware of going forward
- Make sure that your email campaign's "Subject" line is straightforward, not misleading. The days of using cute phrases, tricks or other sneaky tactics to boost open rates are over.
- If you aren't already doing so, any unsubscribe requests that come to you via a reply to your email must be honored within 5 days of the request.
- You will now also need to include a physical address in your email campaigns. Elite Email's Campaign Wizard already prompts you to comply with this part of the law.
What we are doing
The new law requires that all email campaigns include the sender's physical address. To accommodate this legal requirement, we have inserted room for your company's address in small print at the bottom of all EliteEmail.com templates. This information can be saved in your settings.
Get inside information from the email marketing experts at Elite Email. Tips, Tricks and
more to boost your
Become a true email marketing guru. Sharper your skills and learn new tactics in the most comprehensive resource
for email marketers.